Sunday, March 01, 2009

Return to London

When I left London, public transport had been shutdown by the snow and I needed shoes with tread on them even for my short walk to the office. Now I’d got more of a tan than I’d had since I was a teenager, or possibly my student days sat in the back of an eight coxing during the heat of a Oxford Summer.

The holiday wasn’t quite over – one more luxury – a first class seat all the way back to London. And yet again BA lived up to their reputation of wonderful service. Even Heathrow managed to be a smooth passage – quite a long walk again, but I hardly stopped, a two minute wait for my bag, then straight through Iris immigration and on to the Heathrow express back to the centre of London…

I'll certainly be looking to go on Safari again, and next time I go to a holiday location, I'll try to stay in a "international chain", where hopefully the internet age will reach and I won't be so disconnected. I'll have no excuse for not updating my blog in real time, rather than months after the event that way...

The flights for my next escape to warmer climbs are already booked! Yet another Airmiles purchased - First Class return to Hawaii with AA - I've still got many Islands in Hawaii to visit, and the Volcano has woken up since I was there in 2007.

No comments: