Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bring on the Scots!

 
From England v Scotland 2009
Half having expected to have been on a plane to Tokyo instead of watching the last match of the 6 nations, I made my way on another spring day to Twickenham. This was my first time in the “television” stand – the side where the camera are – so the formalities at the beginning of the match where towards me rather than with their backs to me…

The first half of the French match had been a wonderful display of rugby. Scotland put up a better defence than the French and held England to 15-3 at half time – reasonably respectful. Then in a very cagey second half both sides cancelled each other out – a final score of 26-12 was a fair result.

The Irish then managed to narrowly defeat the Welsh – allowing England to  achieve a 2nd place in the 6 Nations that looked very unlikely when they struggled to defeat the Italians, and couldn’t keep their discipline against either the Welsh or the Irish!

No comments: