Monday, February 16, 2009

Photographs of Big 5 completed

It took my longest lens with a x2 converter, and a deal of patience from Rickson, but I got my first picture of a leopard and completed photographic records of the big 5. I was also very impressed by my newly purchase binoculars - using them highlighted how restricted the view through the viewfinder on my camera is.
Then as we completed a cross Kruger dash to pick up some more guests from the edge of the park and get back to the camp before the 6pm curfew, a Leopard carmly strolled across the road just as we approached, then disappear just as quickly into the undergrowth...
A fast dash back to camp was punctuated with occasional stops to admire the wildlife. It included my closest encounters yet with Elephants and Blue Wilderbeest. We made it back to camp with minutes to spare having avoiding the numerous speed traps successfully! Just one more day in Kurger before a return to civilisation, then onto Mauritius.

No comments: