Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Empty Planes

Maybe it is the credit crunch, or just that Wednesday morning flights from South Africa to Mauritius aren't that popular. I wasn't complaining, being the only person in business class with two cabin crew to look after me, meant my wine glass was rarely more than half empty - no bottles that holds just less than two glassfuls on this fight - a very nice bottle of South African Chardonnay - would have been rude not to finish it - I was on holiday and it was a four hour flight....

Arrival in Mauritius, was to a nice small airport - no walking for miles, to then spend time waiting for your bag to make it the same distance... Couldn't have been more than 200 metres from plane to arrivals lounge. And a great climate, possibly a little hotter than Hawaii, less humid than Honk Kong had been. No more getting up with the Sun for me - at least not once I re-balanced the jet lag.

No comments: