Friday, September 12, 2008

Madonna Rocks Wembley

She made everyone wait - but when she finally choose to join us an hour later than scheduled she put on a great show! Although I have to say I think Kyle retains the crown of the princess of pop - maybe Madonna is the queen of rock - as some of the best elements had her plucking an electric guitar.
The policy of allowing "small" cameras generated a star field like effect round the stadium as thousands of LCD faced out from the centre. I also think I've cracked my TZ5 - switching to spot metering and focusing worked a treat! Wembley being so much larger than the O2 meant I was much further from the stage than at the O2 despite being in the first section of seats - but still managed to get some identifiable pictures...

From Madonna - Wembley 2008
The new Wembley is a great improvement on the one they started knocking down as I left it 8 years ago... Good facilities and the small miracle that I left the concert without at any point having to stop to queue - a brisk walk straight on to a waiting Jubilee Line train. Now if they can get their pricing to match the O2 it would be great - but to be fair Kylie did multiple nights at the 02 - so Madonna tickets to a one off concert are bound to attract a premium - but not sure about £160 for the best seats rather than £40 was justified...

No comments: