Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lily Allen plays Shepherds Bush Empire

From Lily Allen 2009
Having left Tokyo that morning, I was determined to make it to Shepherds Bush without failing asleep on the Tube! I stood up all the way just to make sure.

La Roux started the evening well, good music combined with a couple of caffeine drinks gave me a second wind…

Lily Allan then played a great, if a little short set. It is hard to remember, that unlike most of the acts I’ve seen live, Lily is at the beginning of her career and doesn’t have a large catalogue of hits to fill an evening. Her cover of Britney’s Womanizer was particularly good – I hope to hear Britney’s live version shortly…

I was grateful to get to bed that evening – it was only midnight locally, but it felt like the sun should be coming up – as it was where I’d been that morning!

No comments: