Sunday, September 07, 2008

Round and Round the city

The Tour of Britain returned to London with a large amount of hype following the success of cycling in the Olympics.
From Tour of Britan 2008 - Stage 1
Having travelled to Paris for the last stage of the Tour de France for the past two years, it was a wonderful opportunity to have the race go by my front door! So I made my way out to find a good spot. Despite the hype of large crowds, there were very few people - much less than the London marathon attracts. So I managed to easily find a great spot - and for the first two laps I had a prime spot for taking pictures from a great angle. But that was ended by the officious marshals. "Are you an official photographer? We'll my supervisor has told me I have to move you from here...." - I was perfectly safe, behind a barrier on a under used crossing - presenting no risk to anyone... The marshals seam to spend the entire event moving people on from far less safe positions....

The good news is that the Singapore GP organisers have changed their minds and removed the 200mm limit on zoom lens and allowed tripods into their event.

No comments: