Saturday, September 27, 2008

Let the Night Racing begin

From Friday Practice
After a smooth journey on the MRT and a walk to find "gate 7" that included a welcome portion within a large air conditioned shopping centre I located my seat in the bay grandstand. The journey to and the surrounding backed the fact that this circuit is right in the centre of a city - traffic on a large packed flyover continued to creep past - a traffic jam within sight of the fastest motor sport!
Maybe it is a sign of me being 8 years older, but I'm sure that this generation of cars aren't anyway as noisy as those I saw roar around Silverstone - I distinctly remember struggling to be heard as v10s thundered past - the v8s braking into the tunnel before disappearing under the stand sound very rough - not an expected sound effect...

Today the serious racing begins with qualifying.

No comments: