Sunday, July 06, 2008

Wimbledon - Ladies' Final Day

From Wimbledon 2008
Wimbledon Tickets on Ticket Master must have been a reasonably well kept secret - at least until Gentleman's Final Day! My refreshing of the page at 8:30 when the tickets where supposed to be put on sale turned out not to be needed - there where still tickets on sale the next morning - hours before the scheduled start time... by the time I got home on Saturday night after a great day of tennis, all the tickets for what turned out to be a momentous, if rain interrupted, men's final, had gone in less than 90 minutes.
The day started with a quick journey from central London to Wimbledon - when public transport works it really works. Then entry with my self printed ticket, that some might have paid a fortune for on eBay, with my passport to prove it was me that put my name to the ticket, was simplicity itself. Within an hour of leaving home I was watching an invitation doubles match on No 2 court with Liz Smylie and Nathalie Tauziat against Sabine Appelmans and Hana Mandlikova.
Then to centre court for the main show. Three finals on Centre Court - the Williams sisters on to start, then probably closest match of the day - the Gentlemen's doubles and closing out day the Williams sister again - this time on the same side of the net against Lisa Raymond and Samantha Stosur. Centre Court is a great venue - 15,000 seats and everyone with an uninterpreted view of the court.
So I'll be ready on Ticket Master for next year, and maybe I'll take a laptop with me if I'm lucky enough to get tickets to the final Saturday, so I stand a chance of getting tickets for Sunday.

No comments: